Do you believe working from home makes you unproductive? Do you need some guidance on how to stay healthy while working home?
There are numerous reasons why you could be working remotely. Maybe you have finally decided to be an entrepreneur and working to start your own business, or your workplace is far from your home so you have chosen to work remotely to save money and time. The COVID-19 pandemic can be the reason; you have been forced to work from home.
Whatever the reason, working from home has its advantages but it can’t be a solution for a balanced lifestyle.
Even, there are many possible pitfalls that can negatively impact your health. The following tips are designed to guide you on how you can take care of your physical, mental, and emotional health easily:
- Dedicated Workplace: Avoid working from the couch or in bed. Find a dedicated workplace that you can associate with your job and leave when you are off the clock. It will help you to stay productive during your working hours and take full rest.
- Stick to a Schedule: The best part about working from home is that you don’t need to follow the strict routine. You can snooze the alarm button some times as there is no fixed rule to start working at 9:00 a.m. Also, you can take a long break in the afternoon as there is no rule for “quick break”. But to be productive, try to stick to a schedule. Decide your working hour and adhere to follow them. With a productive and organized day routine, you will feel better mentally and emotionally.
- Get Dressed: No doubt, when working from means you are free to wear whatever you want unless you need to attend any video conference. Although staying in PJs all day sounds comfortable though, it is actually detrimental to your health. Apart from impeding your productivity, it also affects your motivation. Here, if you do not want to wear formal office wear, try workout clothes. It will work as a reminder for you to do some physical activity.
- Proper Rest: Quality sleep is a vital part of self-care. It plays a major role in the optimum functioning of your mind and body systems. If you do not get enough rest, you find yourself tried during your working hours. So get proper rest; if possible, take a brief power nap during the day to revitalize.
- Social Interaction: Humans are social creatures. One of the major reasons why people feel uncomfortable with remove work is because they isolated from people. Spend some time with people, schedule fun activities with others, and get out of the house sometimes.
- Eat Healthy and Regularly: Working remotely provides your opportunity to have more home-cooked foods. Now, you can eat when you feel hungry. Avoid fast food and cook yourself. You can save your time and money by preparing meals on a weekly basis.
- Physical and Mental Activity: Spend time on exercise, you can start your morning with push-ups or go for a walk during the evening. You can buy home gym equipment and start exercising everyday. Just make sure you move your body. If you can’t go to the gym, get an online fitness membership, or simply search workout videos on YouTube. Dedicate time each day for mental health, involve in meditation, reading, or whatever you like.
Too much caffeine can exacerbate anxiety, so limit your coffee intake.
Vitamin D deficiency contributes to depression. Get some time and get enough sunshine.
Set boundaries with clients and co-workers, don’t remain accessible 24/7.
That’s it on How to Stay Healthy While Working from Home. Overall, remote working brings great benefits for both employees and employers. But when employees ignore their physical and mental health, no one wins. Follow these tips; soon you will start feeling better.