Do you want to become a vlogger and you don’t know how to go about it?
You have come to the right place, I will explain in 7 different steps to take to become a vlogger. Following this steps will give you better understanding of vlog and how to monetize your vlog.
Most vlogger start as an hobby and some vlogger has turn it to a money making scheme. The more your video viewers increases the more the money you can make from your vlog. This is one genuine way of making money online.
Video blogger are just like other blogger but what they focus is about creating high quality videos instead of articles. Most blogger also can be classify a vlogger because they embedded videos in their post to increases their reader engagement.
Most vlogger upload their videos on YouTube and other platform. But YouTube is more common due to large user.
1. Get a Good Camera
Vlogging involves the use of good camera to produce high definition videos. You can start small by buying used camera on Amazon or eBay and when you earn money you can buy expensive camera.
The camera you choose should have a good audio to record your voice and high image quality.
You can try using your smartphone camera to record your video and upload the video to your viewers. Make sure that the viewer can see your face clearly and edit your video before uploading.
After getting your camera, the next equipment you need to buy
microphone to record your voice, video editing software, laptop, background, tripod for stand of your camera and lighting set-up. This will cost a lot of money, and the video will be of high quality.
Except if you have prior experience being on TV, you need to practice so that you don’t appear clueless.
- Look at other vlogger in your niche, to get an idea about the video and audio quality of their videos.
- You can practice by filming your self as rough test of your main video.
- Check the audio quality of the video.
- A quick editing of the video to become familiarise with the software.
- Ask your friends for review of the video and take note of what they like or not.
- Repeat the same process again, until your video looks professional.
3. Pick a Niche
Pick a niche that you have experience and you are confident of creating high quality videos.
Your vlog is an opportunity for you to showcase your work to the world and you don’t want to sound like a novice. Vlogger that likes food can create videos about cooking, cooking ideas and videos related to kitchen.
- Pick a niche that you are interested in or you have skills to showcase to the world.
- Research more about the niche to know more about it.
- Create your channel on YouTube. It is better you stick with YouTube because it has the highest viewer. Other platform that you can create your account is Vimeo and Instagram
- Pick a username related to your niche. A food vlogger can use username like chefbase or kitchendiva and so on. Make sure that your username is short and easy to understand.
4. Record Your Video
Now that you have create your YouTube channel. The very next thing to do is to record your video. This will be the very first video that you will upload to your channel. You can upload any video that you feel like but I advise to stick with one niche.
Before you start recording your video, make sure that you can carry out this steps.
- Check if you have a good lighting, this help your video to be of high quality and not dark.
- Check the audio quality of rough video you make. Poor audio quality can affect your video engagement.
- Write down what you want to say to your viewers, this prevent you from rumbling and increasing your video length.
- A good video length should be about 6 – 12 minutes. Make sure that you covered everything within the time frame. But if you have more to say, you can turn the video into mini series.
- Make sure that you engage with your viewer by asking of their opinions, what they want in your next video and replying their comments.
5. Edit Your Video
Edit your video makes it look professional and you can remove part of the video that you don’t like. You can use windows live movie maker to edit your video.
If you are not sure of your skill to edit your edit, you can look for video editor to edit the video or learn video editing software to improve your skill.
6. Upload Your Video
Upload your edited video to your YouTube channel, make sure that you fill out the title page and quick description of the video. This increase the video ranking for search keywords and traffic to your video.
YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world after Google, so you have to treat YouTube like Google.
Share your video link to your social media follower to increase your viewers.
7. Monetise Your Video
YouTube gives vlogger opportunity to monetise your video. To join their platform, Youtuber must have lifetime 10,000 views before they are allow to display ads on their videos.
To get your 10,000 views is quite easy, upload videos regularly and you can collaborate with blogger, social media influencer in your niche and vlogger.
Vlogger can also become a social media influencer on YouTube and Instagram.
Reach out to brand or join media agency for sponsored post. This is another way of making money from vlog.
Starting a vlog is very easy, make sure that you upload high quality video and don’t worry about negative comment. When your videos viewer increases, you can monetise and use the money to buy the equipment you need.
Make sure that the video you are uploading do not have any copyrighted material to avoid your video being remove or outright banned.