Have you ever wondered how to make money on YouTube? Or you are looking for ways to earn money from YouTube. These common questions are on the lips of every YouTuber and prospective YouTuber. Don’t worry, all your questions will be answered in this article.
One misconception about YouTube, which is so common is that YouTube pays their content created per pageview like the Google AdSense program; this has made content creators look at keywords with large traffic. They believe once the traffic increases their earnings increases as well.
YouTube pays according to the model you choose.
- Pay Per Click (PPC): In this category, YouTube pays its content creator on the number of clicks on the ads per thousand. This means that YouTube will pay you when people click on your ads.
For example, a YouTuber with 10,000 views per month and a 1% click-through rate, and cost per click of $0.50 will get $18 after Youtube collects their 45%.
Another Youtuber with 5000 views per month with a click-through rate of 1% and the cost per click of $25 will receive $687.5
- Pay Per View model (PPV): Ppv is based on the advertiser paying a base amount of money per view for a thousand views.
You get money when the viewer watches the ads for 30 seconds or less than 30 seconds.
If you choose this model, you won’t get paid when the viewer clicks on your ads but when they watch them.
The model you choose to monetize your videos depends on your choice, and you are sure to make money from YouTube.
Type Of Youtube Ads
The advertiser is willing to pay content creators on YouTube high amount of money for them to show their ads to their viewers. This helps YouTubers to make money on YouTube no matter their country and niche.
To make money on YouTube, you have to understand the different types of ads displayed on your YouTube videos.
- Pre-roll: This type of ads acts as a preview of the main video. The pre-roll ads can be skipped after 5 seconds of playing.
- In Search Ads: This type of ads displays to viewers when they search for videos to watch. It is usually yellow to distinguish the video from other videos on YouTube.
- In-display ads: This type of ads is usually displayed in the right-hand corner of the selected videos.
How to sign up for Youtube
Before you can make money on YouTube, you need to sign up on youtube and create your own personal YouTube channel.
After you create your YouTube channel, upload your video and make sure that your keyword is evenly distributed in the description of your video.
Read more: How to make money with Bluehost
Youtube in June 2017, announced a change in the monetization program. Youtuber must have a lifetime of 10,000 views before they can display ads on their videos.
To get your 10,000 views, create and upload 10 high-quality videos with high search volume and low competition.
And within a month, you can monetize your video to make money on YouTube.
How to make money on YouTube
Making money on YouTube is easier for some people and very difficult for others.
I will list 5 tips that will help you make money on YouTube faster.
- Create a YouTube channel that targets a specific niche. You can focus your niche on sport, DIY, craft, business or tech review. This makes it easy for you to find an advertiser willing to pay.
- Create a high-quality video that makes your video stand out from the rest and increases your view.
- Transcribe your video into English language.
- Target video with high monthly search. Video with high search volume with low competition will be easy for new YouTubers to have a high rank will lead to an increase in the monthly view of the video.
- Advertiser bid high amount of money on some keyword from $5 – $20, while some keyword has low bid. Look out for keywords with high bid and create and upload your video. When viewer clicks on these ads, your revenue will increase.
I hope you learn one thing or the other when it comes to how to make money on Youtube. Do you have your YouTube channel? Share your experience and how much you make per month in the comment section.
63 thoughts on “How to make money on YouTube”
Thanks for this info. I really wasn’t sure about how to make money on Youtube
Some people just have a knack for making awesome youtube videos. I think my boys would be good at monetizing (they are grown) but they both have such busy lives right now, I don’t think they could invest the time right now.
I guess you wouldn’t be able to do this by yourself then since bo ys r having busy lives right now!
These are really good tips. I always wanted to start a YouTube channel when I was in uni but I never got round to it.
Seriously i never knew this. This is really cool. My friends are gonna love this.
wow!! Really reading your story here, hope I can be make use of the tips here on my Youtube channel : D thanks for this informative sharing
Pinned! Excelent post with tons of information. Thanks for sharing!
This is very interesting. I must check my monetization strategy
Wow, great article on making money from YouTube. I am planning to implement your tips whenever I am ready for Youtube marketing.
This was very accurate we are a monetized channel on YouTube and it’s so confusing how much each ad pays lol. I liked the breakdown you gave about the different ad types ty for sharing
Omg thank you for the inside knowledge. I didn’t know that you could choose the type of ads or way to make money off YouTube. Thanks! Makes me want to start my channel now.
Good knowledge on youtube given. Still I have no idea to create a channel in youtube.
Thanks for sharing these tips to help be successful on YouTube. I tried to get started about a year ago making workout videos but no luck. This has really inspired me to check it out again.