Have you ever wonder how to make money on YouTube? Or you are looking for ways to earn money from YouTube. These common questions are on the lips of every YouTuber and prospective YouTuber. Don’t worry all your questions will be answered in this article.
One misconception about YouTube which is so common is that YouTube pays their content created per pageview like Google AdSense program, this has made content creators look at keyword with large traffic. They believe once the traffic increase their earning increases as well.
YouTube pays varied according to the model you choose.
- Pay Per Click (PPC): In this category, YouTube pays its content creator on the number of clicks on the ads per thousands. What this means is that YouTube will pay you when people click on your ads.
For example, a YouTuber with 10,000 views per month and a 1% click-through rate and cost per click of $0.50 will get $18 after Youtube collects their 45%.
Another Youtuber with 5000 views per month with a click-through rate of 1% and the cost per click of $25 will receive $687.5
- Pay Per View model (PPV): Ppv is based on whereby the advertiser pays a base amount of money per view for a thousand views.
You get money when the viewer watches the ads for 30 seconds or less than 30 seconds.
If you choose this model, you won’t get paid when the viewer clicks on your ads but when they watch the ads.
The model you choose to monetize your videos depends on your choice and you are sure to make money from YouTube.
Type Of Ads
The advertiser is willing to pay content creator on YouTube high amount of money for them to show their ads to their viewer this help YouTuber to make money on YouTube no matter their country and niche.
To make money on YouTube, you have to understand the different types of ads that will be display on your YouTube videos.
- Pre-roll: This type of ads act as a preview on the main video. The pre-roll ads can be skip after 5 seconds of playing.
- In Search Ads: This type of ads displays to viewer when they search for video to watch. It is usually yellow in color to distinguish the video from other video on YouTube.
- In-display ads: This type of ads is usually displayed in the right-hand corner of the selected videos.
How to sign up for Youtube
Before you can make money on YouTube, you need to sign up on youtube and create your own personal YouTube channel.
After you created your YouTube channel, upload your video and make sure that your keyword is evenly distributed in the description of your video.
Read more: How to make money with Bluehost
Youtube in June 2017, announced a change in the monetization program. Youtuber must have lifetime 10,000 views before they are allowed to display ads on their videos.
To get your 10,000 views, create and upload 10 high-quality videos with high search volume and low competition.
And within a month, you can monetize your video to make money on YouTube.
How to make money on YouTube
Making money on YouTube is easier for some people and very difficult for other people.
I will list 5 tips that will help you to make money on YouTube faster.
- Create your YouTube channel that targets a specific niche. You can focus your niche on sport, DIY, craft, business or tech review. This makes it easy for you to find an advertiser that is willing to pay.
- Create high-quality video which makes your video stand out from the rest and increase your view.
- Transcribe your video into English language.
- Target video with high monthly search. Video with high search volume with low competition will be easy for new YouTubers to have high rank will lead to an increase in the monthly view of the video.
- Advertiser bid high amount of money on some keyword from $5 – $20 while some keyword has low bid. Look out for keywords with high bid and create and upload your video. When viewer clicks on this ads your revenue will increase.
I hope you learn one thing or the other when it comes to how to make money on Youtube. Do you have your YouTube channel? Share with us your experience and how much you make per month in the comment section.