The beauty of using WordPress instead of other blogging platform is the ease at which you can customize your site with plugin. WordPress is filled with plugin that you need for your blog, with just one click you have installed plugin instead of adding code to your theme header which is difficult for blogger with no coding experience. Installing a WordPress plugin on your blog will help to improve your existing blog functionality like collect email subscriber, social media sharing button, blog traffic analytics, and so on.
The best way to have a functional blog is to install WordPress plugin on your blog, have it in mind that some plugin does almost the same function, so only install the plugin that you need, in order to reduce your blog loading speed because installing plugins can lead to having a slow loading blog which is bad because it would lead to you losing traffic visitor and eat your web space.
How to Install WordPress Plugin on Your Blog
WordPress is filled with range of plugin that helps blogger in getting more from the blog and overall blog outlook, the plugin functions range from help blogger to write search engine optimized content, getting more email subscriber from their visitor, giving you insight into visitor behavior and pattern and so on. The ease of installing plugin and the functions they do make it important for new and old blogger to have on their blog. Some of this plugin is free, why some involve spending little money in order to access some of its functions.
- The very first step is to access your WordPress dashboard and click on Plugin, click on Add New in the drop box.
- Search for the plugin that you want to install on your blog, type the plugin name or the plugin main function like SEO in the search box, this will search the WordPress plugin directory.
- After you search the plugin that you want to install, the next step is to install the plugin by clicking on the plugin from the list of plugin in the WordPress plugin directory.
- The plugin has been installed on your WordPress but this does not mean that the plugin will start work on your blog, you need to activate the plugin. After activating the plugin, the plugin will immediately start working. You can deactivate the plugin if you don’t know like the plugin anymore and activate it on your blog anytime you feel like using the plugin on your blog. The deactivate plugin can be found in the plugin section under the install plugins.
- If the plugin that you want to install is not on the WordPress plugin directory and you want to install the plugin on your WordPress blog, there is a way out, download the plugin in a zip file from the website to your computer and upload the plugin to your WordPress In the Add New Section of Plugin in the WordPress dashboard, look for upload and click on the upload link.
Click on the Choose file and look for the zip file of the plugin that you download on your computer in order to upload it on your dashboard. Once the plugin is uploaded, you can activate the plugin when you want to use them on your blog.
- Some plugin has some setting that you have to configure before you can get the best out of the plugin, go to the installed plugin from plugins and look for setting if the plugin needs some configuration in order to work perfectly.
- If you have your own plugin that you developed by yourself, you can also upload plugin and use them on your blog, the plugin needs to be a zipped file because WordPress does not allow unzipped file.
If you follow this step, you will be able to install plugin from WordPress directory without wasting much of your time. If you have any questions on how to install WordPress plugin on your blog, you drop your question in the comment box below.