One of the most trending topics in content writing is how to avoid plagiarism, new blogger finds it hard to write high quality article on their blog and due to that they quick spun article or copy other blogger’s work and pass it as their own.
In this article, I would show you how to avoid plagiarism in your blog post and what plagiarism is all about.
Plagiarism can be defined copy other people content, article and blog post and pass it as their work, this grave offense can lead to the suspension of your Google Adsense account which is one of the most trusted ways that new blogger can use to generate revenue from their blog.
When Google finds out your blog is guilty of plagiarism, they would penalize your blog or post according to the gravity of your offense. Google penalty can include:
- Google won’t accept your blog into their advertising network popularly called Google Adsense. Google Adsense is one of the most popular ways of monetizing your blog. New blogger is accepted when they meet their requirement.
- Suspension of Google Adsense account when Google finds out that your article is not up to standard.
- Low ranking of keywords in SERP due to plagiarise content. This can seriously affect your SEO optimization of your blog because your Google would deem your blog not up to standard and as a result low ranking your keyword in SERP.
- Google would not index your article when they discovered your article is already in their database.
How to Check If Your Article is Unique or not?
The bitter truth is that to avoid plagiarism is your post, you must make sure that your content is unique and handwritten in your own thought. After writing your content, you can check if your article is unique using several free online plagiarism checker. You don’t have to pay any money to check if your article is unique or not. If your article is unique you can go ahead and publish the article on your blog and you are sure that Google would be able to find your post and index the post in SERP.
- Small SEO Tools
- Grammarly – They offer a free tool to edit and proofread your article, and when you migrate to their paid plan you can use they plagiarism checker. I only use their free plan at the moment, and I can assure you that their tool is top-notch.
You can use Grammarly to edit your content and use the first free tool to check if your article is unique. If your article is unique you will discover that your blog would rank easily for keyword. It is always better that you make sure that your article is 100% unique, both tools would highlight part of your content that is plagiarised and you can correct by rewriting the part until your article is 100% unique.
How to avoid plagiarism
Professional writer don’t need to check if their article is unique or not because of the number of years of experience in writing, they don’t copy other people work and due to their unique writing style, You too can avoid plagiarism in your post if you follow the step listed below.
- Don’t Copy and Paste – New blogger want to publish an article as much as possible, they believe it can increase their organic traffic and as a result, they copy and paste other people work on their blog. If you want to avoid plagiarise content on your blog, avoid copy and paste and make sure that your article is well written filled with information that would help your reader. You can outsource the writing of your blog post to a freelance writer to increase the quality of your article.
- Don’t Spin Article – There are several free and paid article spinner online; due to the review, you might be tempted to use their service. The truth is that it is better your article is handwritten because most of this tool would decrease the readability of your content.
- Avoid low-quality content – High-quality content is expensive, and if most blogger to reduce cost would find writer offering article for a cheap This article is of low quality and should be avoided at all cost.
If you are seriously considering blogging as a business, your article must be of high quality and 100% unique. This increases your ranking position because search engine would be able to index your post and give you high ranking position in SERP. High-quality content of at least 700 words with low competition would rank higher in SERP increasing your blog organic traffic and eventually revenue.
How do you avoid plagiarism in your article, you can share with us your experience in the comment box below.