If you are looking for a way to make money online, why not try affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketers are making easy money every month without stress and if you want to join this clique of affiliate marketers making money online, you need to read my guide on affiliate marketing for beginners.
Making money online is very easy, with so many people turning to online business as their main source of income. If you don’t want to waste your time and money on fake companies that are interested in conning you of your money. You need to find legit way of making money online and the easiest way of doing so is through affiliate marketing.
What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is an online business that involve you marketing other companies products and when people purchase through your link you get a commission.
Affiliate marketers act as sales person of companies products by looking for means to influence people to buy the company products in exchange for commission.
This online business model has being adopted by a lot of companies to increase their revenue and reduce the number of people working for them by recruiting affiliate marketers as their online sales person without paying them but giving them commission per sale.
Affiliate marketing involve three main party;
- The company – The company are looking for affiliate marketers to promote their products online through different marketing tactics. Some companies run their affiliate program or join established affiliate network.
- Affiliate marketers – They got paid when certain actions are taking by visitor through their affiliate link. Affiliate marketers are usually bloggers, influencer, and vlogger. As a blogger, you are to inform your visitor that you are part of affiliate program.
- Visitor – When visitor complete certain actions, the affiliate marketer is rewarded.
How Affiliate Marketing Works?
1. Affiliate marketer join his/her preferred affiliate program that is related to his blogging niche and understand the commission rate and traffic requirement.
2. Copy the affiliate link and start promoting the affiliate link on your blog post and social media.
3. Your visitor click on your affiliate link and complete the action required.
4. You get paid when the affiliate program confirm the transaction through your link.
5. Repeat the process to increase your monthly revenue. You can promote three – four affiliate program to increase your revenue. Make sure that you inform your visitor that you are part of affiliate program.
Benefits of Affiliate Marketing For Beginners
- The cost of joining affiliate program is free. Once you meet their requirement, you can join and when approve you can include your affiliate link, banners and other promotional materials on your blog for free.
- Easier way for new bloggers to monetise their blog. If you don’t like displaying ads on your blog, you can join affiliate program and include the link in your article.
- Promotional material is free for every marketers to use to promote their offer. You don’t need to design your banner because it will be provided free of charge. If you don’t like their banner, you can reach out to your account manager and inform them that you will like to use your own banner to promote their offer. If they agree, you can go ahead and create your banner for their offer.
- There is no limit to how much you can make with affiliate marketing. As a beginner your earning might be low but when you start sending high quality traffic to your offer and your conversion rate increases, you can start making big bucks every month. There are high ticket affiliate program that pay marketer a commission of more than $100 per sale.
How To Start Affiliate Marketing as a Beginners
This is the main part of the article, where will show you how to start affiliate marketing as a beginners. One major point to keep in mind is that as a beginner you can still make money with affiliate program.
- Start A Blog
This is the very first step for new affiliate marketer to do. Having your own personal blog give you control over the blog and you are simply the owner.
Starting a blog is not difficult, if you are serious about making money through affiliate marketing, all you have to do is:
- Buying your domain name through domain registrar like Godaddy, Namecheap and so on.
- Choose a reliable web host for your blog. Some hosting companies offer low price for new customers and when you want to renew your host plan, you are billed 200 times the amount you pay initially. With interserver, the price is fixed for $5 a month.
- Design your blog to suit your taste. You can look for ideas by looking at other blog’s design. If you are sure of your skill, you can design your blog or look for freelance web designer on Fiverr.
- Choose your blog niche that you can confident of writing high quality article. Choose a blog niche would help you when finding the right products to promote as an affiliate marketers.
- Once you are through to your blog design, you should publish your article and start driving traffic to your blog through Pinterest and other social media platform. Make sure that you can out Keyword research by looking for long tail keywords with low competition to increase your chance of ranking on Google search engine.
- Join Affiliate program
After starting your blog and people have started visiting your blog, the next step is to monetise your blog with affiliate program. Joining affiliate program can be difficult to some people or very easy for other bloggers. Every affiliate program has its own program requirement, if your blog has not meet their requirement, don’t bother applying because your application will be decline.
Once you meet their requirement, apply to join and wait for few days for them to review your application. Once approve you get affiliate link and promotional materials.
- Commission Junction
- Start Driving Traffic To Your Offer
To make money with affiliate marketing, you need to send high quality traffic to your offer. This traffic are more likely to complete certain actions that your affiliate program want. A blogger who focus on parenting can include affiliate link about products that parents need and when blog visitor click on the link, they are likely to buy the product. This is why you need to focus your blog on certain niche.
Pinterest also allow affiliate marketer to promote their offer directly through pin. All you have to do is create pin, add title and description to your pin, and add your affiliate link as your pin URL. Make sure that you confirm if your affiliate program likes direct social media traffic.
How Do Affiliate Marketer Get Paid
Affiliate programs pay their affiliate their revenue using different payment method. The most popular is PayPal and if you are in countries where PayPal is not supported you can get your money through Payoneer.
Other ways include check, bank transfer, butcoin, skrill, and so on.
Choose affiliate program that support your preferred payment method and start promoting your offer.
Affiliate marketing for beginners is easy if you follow all the step listed above. A lot of blogger are using affiliate marketing to monetise their blog and you too can join the clique of affiliate marketers.
Do you have any questions about affiliate marketing for beginners? Or you want to share with us your experience as an affiliate marketer? Free feel to comment!