If you are looking for a way to make money online, why not try affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketers are making easy money every month without stress, and if you want to join this clique of affiliate marketers making money online, you need to read my guide on affiliate marketing for beginners.
Making money online is very easy, with so many people turning to online business as their main source of income. If you don’t want to waste your time and money on fake companies interested in conning you of your money. You need to find a legit way of making money online, and the easiest way of doing so is through affiliate marketing.
What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is an online business that involves marketing other companies products, and when people purchase through your link, you get a commission.
Affiliate marketers act as salespersons of companies products by looking for means to influence people to buy the company products in exchange for a commission.
This online business model has been adopted by many companies to increase their revenue and reduce the number of people working for them by recruiting affiliate marketers as their online sales person without paying them but giving them a commission per sale.
Affiliate marketing involves three main parties;
- The company – The company is looking for affiliate marketers to promote their products online through different marketing tactics. Some companies run their affiliate program or join established affiliate networks.
- Affiliate marketers – They get paid when visitors take certain actions through their affiliate link. Affiliate marketers are usually bloggers, influencers, and vloggers. As a blogger, you are to inform your visitor that you are part of an affiliate program.
- Visitor – When visitors complete certain actions, the affiliate marketer is rewarded.
How does Affiliate Marketing work?
1. Affiliate marketers join their preferred affiliate program related to their blogging niche and understand the commission rate and traffic requirement.
2. Copy the affiliate link and start promoting the affiliate link on your blog post and social media.
3. Your visitor clicks on your affiliate link and completes the action required.
4. You get paid when the affiliate program confirms the transaction through your link.
5. Repeat the process to increase your monthly revenue. You can promote three-four affiliate programs to increase your revenue. Ensure that you inform your visitor that you are part of an affiliate program.
Benefits of Affiliate Marketing For Beginners
- The cost of joining an affiliate program is free. Once you meet its requirement, you can join, and when approved you can include your affiliate link, banners, and other promotional materials on your blog for free.
- An easier way for new bloggers to monetize their blog. If you don’t like displaying ads on your blog, you can join an affiliate program and include the link in your article.
- Promotional material is free for every marketer to use to promote their offer. You don’t need to design your banner because it is free. If you don’t like their banner, you can reach out to your account manager and inform them that you would like to use your banner to promote their offer. If they agree, you can create your banner for their offer.
- There is no limit to how much you can make with affiliate marketing. As a beginner, your earnings might be low, but when you start sending high-quality traffic to your offer and your conversion rate increases, you can start making big bucks every month. There are high ticket affiliate program that pays marketer a commission of more than $100 per sale.
How To Start Affiliate Marketing as a Beginners
This is the main part of the article, which will show you how to start affiliate marketing as a beginner. One major point to keep in mind is that as a beginner, you can still make money with an affiliate program.
- Start A Blog
This is the very first step for a new affiliate marketer to do.
Starting a blog is not difficult; if you are serious about making money through affiliate marketing, all you have to do is:
- Buying your domain name through a domain registrar like Godaddy, Namecheap, etc.
- Choose a reliable web host for your blog.
- Design your blog to suit your taste. You can look for ideas by looking at other blogs’ designs. If you are sure of your skill, you can design your blog or look for a freelance web designer.
- Choose your blog niche where you are confident in writing high-quality articles. Choosing a blog niche will help you find the right products to promote as an affiliate marketer.
- Once you are through with your blog design, you should publish your article and start driving traffic to your blog through Pinterest and other social media platforms. Ensure that you can perform Keyword research by looking for long-tail keywords with low competition to increase your chance of ranking on Google search engine.
- Join Affiliate program
After starting your blog, the next step is to monetize your blog with an affiliate program. Joining an affiliate program can be difficult for some people or easy for other bloggers. Every affiliate program has its program requirement; if your blog has not met its requirement, don’t bother applying because your application will be declined.
Once you meet their requirement, apply to join and wait for a few days to review your application. Once approved, you get an affiliate link and promotional materials.
- Commission Junction
- Start Driving Traffic To Your Offer
To make money with affiliate marketing, you need to send high-quality traffic to your offer. This traffic is more likely to complete certain actions that your affiliate program wants. A blogger who focuses on parenting can include affiliate links about products that parents need, and when blog visitors click on the link, they are likely to buy the product. This is why you need to focus your blog on certain niche.
Pinterest also allows affiliate marketer to promote their offer directly through pin. You have to create a pin, add a title and description to your pin, and add your affiliate link as your pin URL. Ensure that you confirm if your affiliate program likes direct social media traffic.
How Do Affiliate Marketers Get Paid
Affiliate programs pay their affiliate their revenue using different payment methods. The most popular is PayPal, and if you are in countries where PayPal is not supported, you can get your money through Payoneer.
Other ways include check, bank transfer, bitcoin, skrill, etc.
Choose an affiliate program that supports your preferred payment method and promotes your offer.
Affiliate marketing for beginners is easy if you follow all the steps listed above. Many bloggers are using affiliate marketing to monetize their blogs, and you too can join the clique of affiliate marketers.
Do you have any questions about affiliate marketing for beginners? Or do you want to share with us your experience as an affiliate marketer? Feel free to comment!