When you are just starting out as a blogger or social media influencer you find it hard to determine how much to charge when brand reach out to you. If you really consider blogging as a business, you need to find a way for your blog to generate money.
There are different way for blogger to generate money from their blog, this include;
- Native Advertisement: Google AdSense, Media.net and so on
- Sponsored Post from brand, you should be careful when you accept sponsored post and you give a do follow link. This could lead to Google penalization and some countries encourage blogger to inform their reader that they are being paid.
- Affiliate marketing: You make money when your reader buy products or service through your affiliate link.
Sponsored post is the easiest way for blogger to make money. Depending on your arrangement, you get paid before or after you publish the post on your blog.
This is possible for you reach out to brands directly instead of using companies.
Blogger interested on getting sponsored post, must make sure that:
- Blog must use paid platform like WordPress.org instead of free platform. Free platform shows that your blog is unprofessional and hard to remember the URL.
- Increase your blog traffic to increase your chance.
- Make sure that the blog design is professional with relevant page.
- Reduce the load time of your blog to increase your blog traffic.
- Use professional email address. WordPress hosting companies provides free email address. Your email address should look like this [email protected] instead of free gmail like [email protected]
3 Tips for Pricing Your Brand Deals
Your blog can generate money and eventually you might quit your job. But when you are just starting out, there are so many thing that you don’t understand. This is why I will give you 3 Tips for Pricing Your Brand Deals.
1. Online Calculator
Site like social bluebook help blogger to calculate the price they should charge for sponsored post.
The downside is that most of the sites are not updated regularly. And when brands reach out to you the amount that you will charge depends on their budget which could be higher or lower to the estimated price.
Online calculator gives you an estimated figure which you can work you way higher. The figure they estimated for your blog can be a little bit lower to what you have in mind.
2. Your Own Price
Sponsored post pricing varies due to different brand budget. Some company will reach out to you with a price and other will like you to name your price and if they are able to pay, they will hire you.
Blogger should be able to set a particular amount they charge for sponsored post and show necessary metrics like pageview, impression, visitor location, blog media kit and engagement.
Established blogger have a page on their blog, where they write the price for sponsored post and their guidelines. When brand reach out to them for sponsored post they send the page link to the brand.
You can create a sponsored post page on your blog and write the amount of money you charge and other metrics.
3. Reach out to other blogger
New blogger can reach out to established blogger to have an idea about the amount they can charge. Ask your blogger friends in your niche, the amount of money they charge per sponsored post.
From the amount they charge you can set your own price and make sure that you are comfortable with the amount you choose.
Some brand will like you to post pre-written content while other want you to write for them. The amount of money you charge will vary. Some blogger charge up to $1000 per sponsored post and I have read about a blogger who make $10,000 a month from sponsored post.
Brand pitch email template
I wanted to reach out because I found your brand on twitter, and I think it looks really cool. Love what you guys are doing with social media consulting service.
My blog, craftmultimedia sees over 4,000 page views/month with an incredibly high 30% engagement rate.
I would love to partner with you guys in some way.
This is the brand pitch email template that i use in reaching out to brand about my blog. You can edit some part of the brand pitch email template.
If you follow this 3 Tips for Pricing Your Brand Deals you will be able to negotiate better and increase your blog revenue.
How do you find the right amount to charge for sponsored post. Let us know in the comment section.