Piling foundations have a range of applications across both residential and commercial construction projects. They are widely used due to their many benefits, especially when compared with concrete foundations, as discussed below:
- Piling foundations can be used on weak soil that might not otherwise support the weight of a building. In fact, they can be installed in any ground, whereas concrete can usually only be used at fairly shallow depths.
- Installation of piling foundations can occur any time of the year. Concrete, on the other hand, cannot be installed in winter because it’s too cold for it to cure.
- Piling foundation don’t require curing time. This means that they can be built upon immediately, so installation and construction is generally quicker.
- There is less noise pollution and very limited vibration of the ground when installing piling foundations. This is particularly valuable in environmentally sensitive areas, such as wetlands or historical sites.
- Recent experiments imply that piling foundation is a fantastic choice in earthquake prone areas.
- Piling foundations are installed using more convenient equipment. It is smaller, non-disruptive and more energy-efficient. Alternatively, concrete slabs require a lot of cleared space and substantial equipment, which is a less attractive option.
- Removing piling foundation is often comparable to the installation in terms of how easy it is, which means they can be recycled using minimal energy.
- Piling foundations are more energy-efficient, not only because they can be recycled, but also because they are often actually made with partially recycled metals. This reduces waste and is more eco-friendly compare to other types of building foundations.
- Concrete is often more expensive than piling foundations, so the latter may help to keep overall costs of the project to a minimum.
- Piling foundation have a small footprint, which means they can be used in restricted areas. They can even be installed using a hand-held device, if necessary.
The benefits you derive from using piling foundation for your house is enormous.